Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 8 "It's Cold Outside" 12" x 12" $250. by Laine. Sold

Day 8 .... how many to go?  :-)    
This week I have studied several artist' paintings of snow from Monet to Schmidt.  I knew I wanted to paint a snow scene but had no idea where to begin.  One thing I found I loved was the blue tones in Monet's snow scenes.  It felt both happy and yet I thought it depicted the feeling of just how cold it must be.  We did get a dusting of snow this week here in Columbia, but nothing like where my imagination took me.  I remembered as a child living in West Virginia how excited we were when not only was the ground completely covered, but we could build snow forts in the huge drifts.  I hope this painting brings sweet childhood memories for you as it has for me. 

No comments: