Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 9 that I forgot to post. 6" x 6" Not For Sale


Yesterday was one of those crazy days that though I was busy, it just didn't feel like I was productive, not that I didn't do several things that were important, yet at the end of the day, I certainly couldn't account for the last 12 hours.  ugh
Today is a good day!  
I have admired the work of artist Elio Camacho for his use of color.  My sister Kay took his workshop and came back saying not only his use of color was impressive, but also the amount of rolls of paper towels he went thru was huge.  :-)   I certainly relate to him.
This painting is really not my own although I did paint it.  It is my attempt to copy his use of color in order to learn to use such vibrant color.  Often I forget one of the ways of learning to paint is to copy both past and contemporary artists.  I learn so much when studying their work that I can now apply to my own originals.  For obvious reasons I won't be selling this piece mainly because I don't have his permission to copy his work.   
To enjoy and learn from his work you can google "Elio Camacho" images.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  

3 comments:

Tina said...

Laine - this is beautiful! I love it. Tina

Tina said...

Beautiful Laine - I just love it!!!

Laine Barley said...

Thanks Tina, I love the colors too.