Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's 2am and all I can do is think about all I want to paint.  My "sister" Crystal and I went to Ty Alexander's yesterday.  What ?????  you  don't know about Ty's?????  It is the most amazing Christmas shop I've ever seen.  It's known for lots of awesome accessories year round, but at this time of year the whole place becomes Santa's playground.  It's located in Lawrenceburg about a half hour out of Columbia.  Crystal picked up a tree that is upside down...I know~!  sounds crazy ...  and it is....but in a real unique sort of way that takes your breath.  It's huge at the top and small at the bottom.  I'll post photos when she gets it up in about a month. 
On the way home she saw an old french mirror tossed on the side of the road.  The mirror was broken but it has an awesome frame that I'm gonna' make into a sign for my art studio.  I know...you want to see......  give me a minute to get it painted.  Oh I almost forgot the best part....Fried Green Tomatoes at Mt Pleasant Bar and Grill~!  Yum yum yum....  another "sister" Pat and I ate there a couple of weeks ago on the way home from the same shop.  What would a woman do without her "sisters" and Fried Green Tomatoes?...and I'm not talkin' about the movie...which I also love.
Have to get at least a little sleep since Mona is coming early in the morning.  We're planning to paint a companion for the woman with the umbrella.  We want to see a man with an umbrella holding roses.  If it turns out ok....I'll let you see.

No comments: