Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Repurposed mirror

A few weeks ago Crystal pulled in my driveway and couldn't wait to tell me about a "frame" she saw on the side of the road.  When I saw it I thought "are you crazy"????  It was plastic, cream, pink and ugly, and it had a few jagged pieces of a broken mirror hanging on it.  Into the back of her car it went...I might add "at her insistance".  After painting it to look like old painted iron,  I then coated the backing  in chalk board paint and wa-la~!....an old broken piece of junk became a wonderful treasure for my studio. 
I've always loved to have inspirational sayings posted and now I have a great place to display them.  Thanks Crystal...let's go junking~!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love it! You are so creative and so talented. I love how you can see the potential in a discarded piece and add a spot of paint and shine to make it a new masterpiece!!!

Susan